Followers

Like it? Share it!

Monday 27 June 2011

What if fear didn't exist...

I'm sure if you read my blog on a regular basis you're getting fed up lately of reading this subject matter but unfortunately this week's Maffick Monday is:
What if fear didn't exist... 




What would I do if fear didn't exist? That situation provides endless possibilities, would I do all the things I haven't done more through lack of courage rather than fear? Perhaps. Yet if I was asked to describe myself I would use the word inquisitive, not in the "nosy neighbour" sense, no, I hate all the celebrity gossip the world seems to revolve around in current times, but in a "wanting to know how everything works" sort of way. I would look for the answers I was too afraid to seek.

It may seem strange to many people but those questions, to me, are what most would call ludicrous or crazy. Perhaps I belong in a mental home for wondering and wanting to know such things but that's just how I am. The questions I would like to self discover the answers to are a trio:

Firstly I would like to know how it feels to be stabbed, not fatally, just to be stabbed in the torso area. I can't imagine it is as painful as the media and the movies make out.

Secondly I would like to know, similar to my first question, what it is like to be shot. My reasons mirror my ones for being stabbed.

Finally, there is one question that has niggled at us for eternity and will continue to do so... what happens when you die? Yes, I would die. The world would be chaos without fear anyway, fear is what controls us and therefore if fear of the repercussions of our actions was non-existent then why the hell not. Trust me, I've pondered on that thought before as it is, ultimately, what the novel I am writing climaxes with.

So I'm a weirdo who'd answer the questions, that really, we would rather not know the answer to.

It's safe to say I'm glad fear exists.

4 comments:

  1. I love this post and the three main questions you would want answered. I find I'm fairly inquisitive too and want to know how everything works. All in all, a wonderful post. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asking 'what if' is the most effective way for children to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fear is essential otherwise chaos would reign. Nevertheless, like your good self my head is full of those "I wonder" questions. Great post!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a (very minor) obsession with wondering what it would be like to be guillotined. So I can easily empathise with you post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete